2015-10-07

Back to the list

Back in January I posted my "hooks list" of very basic game ideas that could be the kernel of something, along with my intention to create at least four games from ideas in the list.  How have I been doing?
Grabbed from openclipart.org

Well, not well.  Thanks to the 24 hour contests, this year has been pretty  good for actually creating games that are at least playable, but I haven't got any of the ideas on the list progressed, other than the experiment I did with musical chairs that I didn't actually get any further with.  In fact, there are now  a few more ideas on the list, so it is getting longer.

To be clear, I have had quite a few more ideas than I have actually made a note of, but don't always get them written down.  The most recent additions (not all particularly original, but ideas I would like to explore) are as follows...

  • Restaurant co-op. One (or more) player takes orders from customers, another creates food to serve, someone delivers food, someone has to clear. Possibly other roles.  (Maybe realtime?)
  • Trick-taking card game where cards are normally played face down and not revealed unless someone makes a challenge.
  • "Minimals" (mini-animals)
  • Team game where players pair off each round to play a mini-game against one opponent, then regroup to share resources and find out the objectives for next round.
  • Semi-coop: if the players "lose" then one player is singled out as the main loser; if players "win" then there is one main winner.
  • Drafting a la 7 Wonders and Sushi Go, but no scoring: aim is to achieve some sort of an objective.
  • Worker placement + balancing.  Workers get put onto spots and can be balanced on top of those already there.  If you knock over (any of) the pile, everyone gets their workers back from that pile.


No comments:

Post a Comment