2024-05-19

Getting Ready for Expo

It's that time of year! Yup, in less that two weeks, it'll be UK Games Expo, the biggest gaming event I go to regularly. My plans are the same as they have been for the last few years: I will be working at the Playtest UK area (Stand 1-384, at the far left corner of hall 1), where we will be providing tables for designers to have their unpublished games tested by all and sundry. If you are going to be there, please come by and say hello, and maybe play one of the prototypes there.

The current version of Sympolis, which I'll have with me for playtesting.

I haven't gone for the rounds of pitching meetings this year (though I am hoping to meet up with a few people at various times), but I have a playtesting slot booked for Saturday from 4:30pm, to round the day off. Hopefully I'll get at least one play through of that. I'll also have a copy of Grab Bag Zoo with me, in case the mood strikes.

I'm really looking forward to this. I usually end up physically, mentally, and emotionally drained, but in a good way that, once I've rested, I bounce back re-energised. It's then a matter of trying to make the most of that over the month or two that follows. Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment